Friday, November 4, 2011

I Aways Thought I was More of a Jane


On Sunday I'm working with a company that does party entertainment. And somehow, I have ended up as theur Marilyn Monroe for their Hollywwod review. I always thought that I was more akin to Jane Russell in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, but it's fun to get a brief chance at being blonde. And diamons are a girl's best friend. :)
I really love Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. It's like Christmas, but better. Sparkles, tap dancing (it's my Christmas after all), and plenty of gorgeous dresses and shoes. Who's cooling it with Coolidge? This crazy lady!
I'm killing time between our six hour rehearsal and an audition for some short Christmas plays. I haven't cold read in a while. We shall see how this goes. I'm hoping I get to read from the script with a trampy Martha Crachitt. Cause that whole idea makes me giggle.
Yesterday I went to the Chicago ECC. After a long wait they typed the shorties out. It was a mandatory union call, not actually hiring call. Boo. But I feel less crabby about after doing ridiculous dances all day long today. I can't wait to go home and crash out. I'm sleeping good tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment