Saturday, June 9, 2012

Early Morning Nunsense

A theatre about half an hour away from is doing Nunsense. Pay is low, but there, and the EPA was at the theatre out in Jersey. So I figured why not. "There'll be early morning Nunsense" makes an ok theme song. Plus, my mother would love to see play a nun and not a floozey. My dad just likes hokey things. So it would be a score for both! I was in an out y, in under two hours being non eq. If the pianist had been there earlier, I would have been out super fast. He was nice. And attractive. He seemed straight to me. But he couldn't play my song. I just went balls to the wall and kept going. I'm not sure what that was. Thee most bizarre rendition of "I Wanna Be A Rockette" I have ever performed! I then attempted to make my Diablo Cody monologue about why I chose to strip be more funny and quirky, rather than angry and edgy. He laughed and asked me if I tapped. Not the most awful audition of my existence. I got in my car, laughed hysterically, and went to Target for cheap groceries. Home before noon with errands run. Not entirely a loss. I did feel good that I just went. 8 months ago, I would have been having a super panic attack. Finding my stride as I go. As long as I learn, I'm still doing good. Happy weekend to one and all!

1 comment:

  1. You have a lot of courage my dear. I would have been a nervous wreck.

    ReplyDelete